Boat Insurance who is best

lrgmouth

Boat Insurance who is best

Post by lrgmouth »

I'm looking for boat insurance for my boat. I'm buying boat this sunday can anybody recomend any good companies with good rates and good coverage. Boat is a Ranger Bass boat

Thanks in advance.
ajfishin

Re: Boat Insurance who is best

Post by ajfishin »

State Farm
Fishing is not always about catching fish?
Gator

Post by Gator »

Contact Gayla at Sawyer Cook Marine. Her ad is up top. My personal opinion is that they are the best but call her, get a quote, call others and make your decision.
rickd

Post by rickd »

The truck, boat and renters insurance are all with Allstate. You get a deal when you get all your stuff with the same co.
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

I had State Farm and thought I was paying a fair price UNTIL I got a quote from Allstate. I have allstate now with all the bells and whistles for about $200 a year less that state farm
frankc

Post by frankc »

we got farmers and so doe's our friends and one time at don pedro a racoon got up on his boat and tore up a seat and scratched on the seats and farmers would not cover it,.....is there anouther insurance comp that covers animal mishaps ?
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

I have a buddy at sawyer cook and i looked at their insurance, They are more than vanderburg, the difference is sawyer cook covers props and vanderburg doesnt. It was 5oo.oo difference in price. both great coverage just depending on what you want. Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
texas john

Post by texas john »

I too was looking for good insurance and had seen a post on here earlier. There seemed to be two big winners from most of those post. One was 1800bassboat and the other was fish on insurace. I called both and got comparables and 1800 wanted about $60 less per year but was only providing $2500 in replacement coverage for equipment. Fish on was 60 per year higher but offered $10,000 in equipment replacement. I figure it would be hard to replace all my rods reels electronics and tackle for $2500 just to save $60 bucks.

Just my .02
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
Team Davies

Post by Team Davies »

1800bassboat you will not regret it ask for Ken or Stan
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Insurance companies are kind of fickle I think is a good word. I had farmers back through 2002. They actually stopped writing polices back then and tried passing me off to someone else. Didn't care for the policy or cost. At that time Allsnake or a few of these other companies didn't offer any coverage, especially if you fished tournaments. So if they stop writing bass boat policies, or you find the claims process a huge uphill battle, don't be surprised.

They all know what the other companies offer. Do your homework and get as much info as you can, so you can ask the right questions, kinda like you're asking here.

I did not know my insurance company would not cover my prop, that's gonna be a phone call, thanks John.
Last edited by MIKE TREMONT on Thu May 14, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had to come back...I know...
Rod Brown

Post by Rod Brown »

I've had Fish-on insurance since 2001 and they did one claim on my lower unit damage very quickly. They specialize in fishing boats.
They are a proud sponsor of Westernbass.com on the forum page at the top right corner. Call Dawna and she can give you a quote. Here is their link: http://www.fishoninsurance.com/

Take care, Rod Brown[/url]
Daren Prociw

Post by Daren Prociw »

texas john wrote:I too was looking for good insurance and had seen a post on here earlier. There seemed to be two big winners from most of those post. One was 1800bassboat and the other was fish on insurace. I called both and got comparables and 1800 wanted about $60 less per year but was only providing $2500 in replacement coverage for equipment. Fish on was 60 per year higher but offered $10,000 in equipment replacement. I figure it would be hard to replace all my rods reels electronics and tackle for $2500 just to save $60 bucks.

Just my .02
FYI-- It is cheaper to just leave it with $2500 and claim any loss on your homeowners insurance!!!! I had been doing some looking too and I have Sawyer Cook. The rate went up $60 in 2 years BUT its still worth the extra cost.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Fish on has treated me well. My claim with them was handled super fast for an insurance company! A+++++++++++++++++++
No other insurance comapany that I have used has ever taken care of me like them!
Mr Gambler

Post by Mr Gambler »

Most insurance companies are only as good as thier agents, we have one of the best agents around here in Fresno with State Farm. Another thing, who ever you get make sure it is a replacement policy not just a boat policy :wink: I had a friend get burned on that one
Mike Matthews, U.S.N. 1963-67
Fish hard, sleep good at night.
G-Ko

Post by G-Ko »

I would call a local independent agent for your insurance. They have access to companies and premiums that an individual could not get. State Farm and Allstate can get you some deals on packaging all the policies together, but that is standard with every company. Those are direct writers that only have access to their individual companies.

Look online for someone close to you, or you can give me a call if you are interested.

Greg Kosich
Contact me at Kosich & Callahan Insurance for a free quote for home, auto, boat, or Business Insurance.

GKosich@Kosich.com
925-284-3911
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

If you think you have all the bases covered with ALLstate, think again.... all my vehicles(6 TOTAL), my boat and renters insurance and life insurance are all with Allstate. Now it may not be Allstates fault and just my agent, but when I opened my policy on my boat I was under the impression I was insured at Agreed Cash Value so I put 36k on the hull 12k on the motor and 6k on the trailer 250k liabilty and 3k on tackle with my renter policy to cover the rest. Now I bent my prop shaft filed a claim I find out my deductable is 500, no problem but because my boat is now 5yrs old there is a 2% depreciation factor. what this means is if the repairs are 1500.00 I pay the 500 deductable, now of the remaing 1000, the insurance company deducts 10%(2%x5yr old boat) off of the remaing 1000.00 for depreciation. So my actual out of pocket for repairs is not 500 but 600. My boats have all been insured with Allstate since 1998 thought I had great coverage at a great price, never filed a claim until now. So if you think you have all the bells and whistles with Allstate...THINK AGAIN AND REVIEW YOUR POLICY. Joe Uribe Jr recommened fish on, after this repair I'm lookin to switch.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Ron C

Post by Ron C »

Team Davies wrote:1800bassboat you will not regret it ask for Ken or Stan
+1

Stan and Ken Vanderburg are bass fishermen who insure bass fishermen. 1-800-BassBoat
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

I went with a company that I found on another fishing board.

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/ Try giving Bob a call. If nothing else he will give you lots of info about insurance and what all teh terms mean.