Heck of a great trailer tire deal

lacy10

Heck of a great trailer tire deal

Post by lacy10 »

When I find a great deal and I don,t want to keep it to myself, I just bought 4 trailer tires and wheels mounted for my 2007 ranger for 280.00 out the door it was a hell of a good find . No I am not affiliated just great guys, I will do business with again

In S.Calif. Bellflower, Okllahoma Tire Co. 562-867-9817
Team Efusjon

Re: Heck of a great trailer tire deal

Post by Team Efusjon »

Thanks for the tip, but it comes about 3 weeks late for me. I just got a new set of Goodyear Marathons on my trailer (dual axle) from a local tire shop/garage. $89 each for the tire. Fees, tax and labor took it up to $457! My truck will be next in a month or two. Maybe I'll check out the shop you recommend.

Just curious what brand of tires you got?
www.myefusjon.com/changeyourlife
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Now watch out for curbs!!!!
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Team Efusjon wrote:I just got a new set of Goodyear Marathons on my trailer (dual axle) from a local tire shop/garage. $89 each for the tire. Fees, tax and labor took it up to $457!
That works out to about $114 per tire (includes mounting/balancing/labor) . It matches the Marathon quotes I got from a few shops up here in Sacramento.

$90 per tire total (including mounting/balancing/labor) was about what I paid back in 2005 or 2004.
lacy10

Post by lacy10 »

Do you really need to balance trailer tires , I was under the impression it doesn't matter how it rides what would the balancing do
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

lacy10 wrote:Do you really need to balance trailer tires , I was under the impression it doesn't matter how it rides what would the balancing do
You'll find opinions going both ways on balancing trailer tires. My feeling is: the less tire wobble/vibration you have, the better. Anything that lessens vibration will lessen general wear, lessen screws backing out, lessen equipment bouncing around, etc. At worse, balancing won't hurt (especially if it's already quoted in the purchase cost).
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

For nor cal

Gill Tires Stockton

Motherlode
Nash Chevron Angles Camp

for other tire needs
www.tirebuyer.com
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
E man

Post by E man »

lacy10 wrote:When I find a great deal and I don,t want to keep it to myself, I just bought 4 trailer tires and wheels mounted for my 2007 ranger for 280.00 out the door it was a hell of a good find . No I am not affiliated just great guys, I will do business with again

In S.Calif. Bellflower, Okllahoma Tire Co. 562-867-9817
What brand of tire did you get?
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

you do not have to balance trailer tires,
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

fish_food wrote:
lacy10 wrote:Do you really need to balance trailer tires , I was under the impression it doesn't matter how it rides what would the balancing do
You'll find opinions going both ways on balancing trailer tires. My feeling is: the less tire wobble/vibration you have, the better. Anything that lessens vibration will lessen general wear, lessen screws backing out, lessen equipment bouncing around, etc. At worse, balancing won't hurt (especially if it's already quoted in the purchase cost).
+1 Balanced tires have to put less stress on your whole trailer setup, especially the wheel bearings and springs.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
lacy10

Post by lacy10 »

the 4 tires I got were Hercules 215-75 R14 this is actually my second set , and I love them way better and cheaper than Goodyear Marathons
biteme

Post by biteme »

If anyone in sac needs a hook up on tires let me know my guy will beat any price.
E man

Post by E man »

lacy10 wrote:the 4 tires I got were Hercules 215-75 R14 this is actually my second set , and I love them way better and cheaper than Goodyear Marathons
Thanks. Might have to give them a try. My marathons only last me 3 years.
Team Fugowee

Post by Team Fugowee »

mark poulson wrote:
fish_food wrote:
+1 Balanced tires have to put less stress on your whole trailer setup, especially the wheel bearings and springs.
+2 There are a lot of things you don't have to do. I suggest don't put air in them either.

The question is. Why wouldn't you ballance them?
I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

biteme wrote:If anyone in sac needs a hook up on tires let me know my guy will beat any price.
Sounds good. I need a few................. :evil:
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!