Almanor

drilltrash

Almanor

Post by drilltrash »

going up to almanor next weekend. never fished there, looking for any help! fishing out of a 14 ft. aluminum boat with a 15 horse. used to fishing clear lake. Just tryin to figure out what kind of tackle i should bring and where to start. thanks for the help!
Team Fugowee

Re: Almanor

Post by Team Fugowee »

Lite line, clear water. I haven't been there but twice. Don't throw top water around the Ospray's! :lol: Small Mouth.
I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.
Larry Hemphill

Re: Almanor

Post by Larry Hemphill »

It is hard to give normal advice because the weather has been far from normal!! The water should be quite clear, so folks usually used 4 to 8 lb test. IF - a warming trend does happen this week, look for a topwater bite, especially after 7 pm. They seem to like chugger type baits. I like the Storm Chug Bug. Look for shadows. One of the big thrills is throwing a black diving crankbait starting about a half hour before dark. June is usually a good month to do this. I have gotten some strikes that have scared me. I think my right arm is longer than my left because of those hits. Just slowly tick the tops of rock structure. Those smallies are usually over 3 lbs. Small Robo worms are great during the day. Green pumpkin is always a good color to start with. Hope this help a bit.