Does anyone think the Lake Perris drawdown was a scam?

Rob Dickson

Does anyone think the Lake Perris drawdown was a scam?

Post by Rob Dickson »

I always felt there was an alternative motive to the drawdown. I felt they probably wanted to develope all the property below the dam area. If anyone has been to Perris lately and entered on the Ramona side you will see they are developing the land by the Northwest side of the dam. Just curious if I'm the only one who feels this way. I think they ruined a great lake.
Thanks,
Rob Dickson
CharlieS.

Re: Does anyone think the Lake Perris drawdown was a scam?

Post by CharlieS. »

I've said this since even before it dropped. The reason(excuse) to draw down was to inspect and evaluate for repair....etc..etc.. Now why wasnt it "thought of" during the normal so-cal droughts in the past? Why drain to approx 50% a full lake,rather than one that is already at 80 %. You mean all the high paid people in charge didnt think of it ? Then why so high paid? Last I heard,only a rumor maybe,was that no repair was started due to not knowing what to do with the lake. Maybe make it larger,....what ever..The original plans way back when were a larger lake,.but funds werent going to happen. I havent seen any info regarding it any where. Politics at it best? I unfortunatly subscribe somewhat to of a conspiricy theory when things dont ad up by regular math. Just my ranting...sorry...Charlie
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Perhaps Al Qaeda is targeting the Perris Valley Speedway below the dam and that's why the draw down.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

I think they are afraid that the off track betting place could get damaged.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
MCSPIN

Post by MCSPIN »

Come on Lotto
Don't forget your MCSPINS
A good bait for all seasons
Remember Clean & Dry
www.Linexwest.com
www.Anglersmarine.com
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=basssssman&search=Search
http://www.myspace.com/mcspinns
Matt M.

Post by Matt M. »

Thank you politics...
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

I realize they already have the speedway and other things, but I'm talking on the western side of the road to the enterance of the lake. They have all kinds of heavy equipment and have allready done alot of grading. To me things just don't add up. I feel "WE" as the public get lied to all the time by politicians and big developers. It's all about the mighty dollar.
BMC

Post by BMC »

They have done the same thing to several lakes in the state. Several years ago there was a statewide mandate to inspect all reservoir dams. Many were determined to have a problem. Could be politics, could be just the pains of the modernizing process.
I heard "rumor" there is a plan to dredge the lake to hold more water at it's current elevation.
BMC
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

That is a Centex Homes development they just broke ground on. Its right next to the high school.

You would think they would be able to make a decision on what to do with the dam in a timely fashion, but we're talking about the government. It might take 10 years before they make a decision and another 10 before they finish what they started
mark poulson

Speaking of scams....

Post by mark poulson »

wasn't Lake Mathews supposed to be open to public fishing, with a "Mike Guitsi" type fish development program and all as it was being filled? What happened with that?
Talk about a waste of a great lake!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
BigJeff

Re: Speaking of scams....

Post by BigJeff »

They would be wise to open Mathews. It would draw a TON of lake lice away from Perris being right in Riverside. It has some awesome looking islands, points and coves in the back.
BMC

Post by BMC »

Based on the story I was told, when Lake Matthews was being developed and filled, the MWD (and I think Edison) gave Riverside Co the option to signing contracts to develop a marina, launch ramps and campgrounds, etc. I was told that Riv. Co. told them, no thanks, we have Lake Perris. I am not sure if Perris was built before Matthews or was pending. I guess it is irrelevant given that basically Riv. Co. turned it down, and 20/20 hindsight, probably regrets it now. Every time I fly over Matthews or travel on Cajalaco, I wish it was Matthews we are using instead of Perris.
BMC
jack65274

Post by jack65274 »

Lake Matthews was there at least 10-15 years before Perris. I remember my dad taking us to Lake Matthews when I was very young....grade school age....only to find out it wasnt open to the public. I also remember that they were building the Lake Perris dam when I was hunting in the area at about age 18....