Shady Stuff!!!!

sfdfishinfool

Shady Stuff!!!!

Post by sfdfishinfool »

I have been out fishing this year and have stumbled twice on some shady crap. First when the water was pumping out of Old River and some wood pushed up against the bank at Widows Island exposing a fish barrel. Two weeks later I was in Whites and found two dead fish tied to the grass in the middle of the river. Both fish were over 5lbs.
Attachments
df.JPG
df.JPG (30.24 KiB) Viewed 5142 times
sfdfishinfool

Re: Shady Stuff!!!!

Post by sfdfishinfool »

Widows Island!! Look close and you can see a green garbage can with floats.
Attachments
df1.JPG
df1.JPG (39.4 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

I'd call the DFG tip line
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

:shock:
Last edited by jimmy87 on Sun May 22, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VJ

Post by VJ »

This type of **** well make you think twice about tournaments, peolpe need to talk and take whoever these guys are and give them an old fashion *** whopping :twisted:
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
drew

Post by drew »

Sooner or later they will get caught.
DeltaBassBuster

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

LOL, in that one photo it would be easy to place a deer hunting type camera and check back once in a while to see who shows up lol. It's an idea that may catch those cheaters. :)
91sicks

Post by 91sicks »

DeltaBassBuster wrote:LOL, in that one photo it would be easy to place a deer hunting type camera and check back once in a while to see who shows up lol. It's an idea that may catch those cheaters. :)
+1 :lol:
thukidad

Post by thukidad »

DeltaBassBuster wrote:LOL, in that one photo it would be easy to place a deer hunting type camera and check back once in a while to see who shows up lol. It's an idea that may catch those cheaters. :)
x2.. you should of never posted the photo and notified DFG
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

VJ wrote:This type of **** well make you think twice about tournaments, peolpe need to talk and take whoever these guys are and give them an old fashion *** whopping :twisted:
Amazing, first signs of a barrel on this River, or dead fish on a stringer and the first people we start accusing is the tournament angler. You might be very surprised on yer next trip down Sandmound Slough, at the number of barrels here used to keep the "catch" alive, or to flush the catfish. Hmm, wonder if that barrel could have possibly floated over there from one of the home owners in the lil coves next door?
VJ

Post by VJ »

Cooch wrote:
VJ wrote:This type of **** well make you think twice about tournaments, peolpe need to talk and take whoever these guys are and give them an old fashion *** whopping :twisted:
Amazing, first signs of a barrel on this River, or dead fish on a stringer and the first people we start accusing is the tournament angler. You might be very surprised on yer next trip down Sandmound Slough, at the number of barrels here used to keep the "catch" alive, or to flush the catfish. Hmm, wonder if that barrel could have possibly floated over there from one of the home owners in the lil coves next door?
Hey Cooch not meaning anything bad about tourneys, like we need to stop putting them on, i love fishing tournaments it just makes me wonder how many people are actually cheating when it comes down to it. Really makes me mad because i would never think about it. I put a lot of time into getting prepared for a tourney just like the rest of the honest anglers like yourself. It really just sucks
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
sfdfishinfool

Post by sfdfishinfool »

I gave it alot of thought before I posted these pics. The location of both sites and how they were placed leads me to think that they were there for a reason. I didn't post this to point fingers and make this some bit"" session. I just felt that people should see what I saw.

Thanks!!!
godshippy

Post by godshippy »

I think that it's a good thing that you posted the pics, cause now a lot of people know what to look for. I would have never thought to look inside of a barrel until I heard and saw a picture.
J. Walker

Post by J. Walker »

I think it's a great idea that you posted the pics!!!!! These guys did this for a reason, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was tourney related. Guys will do almost anything to win. I fish tournaments, and love doing so, and would love to catch someone doing something like this.

I fished a two day tournament last year in the delta and personally witnessed a team after day one of weigh in throw the fish back in their livewell. They then took off and I'm assuming "dump them in their spot" come back to the docks within 5 mins and were out after that. Didn't think much of it until the second day and they weighed 5 fish for within 1/10 of a pound from the previous day and then they did the same thing. They then said that they fished within 5 mins from takeoff. Not to judge a guy, but fishing a 2 day tournament and seeing this happen makes a guy wonder. Although I didn't see them dump their fish, there was a release boat present and they avoided it on both days. Big tournament and I hate to make assumptions, but watching this happen and weighing within 1/10 of a pound and win a boat makes a guy wonder.

This kind of stuff needs to stop!
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

Its funny that the first thing that comes to your mind when you see that barrel is that it would be used to store fish for a tournament. Dude there is like a million other thing it could be used for. And 2 fish tied together and dead. If it was guys in a tournament dont you think the would have got them, and agin could be hundreds of other reasons those fish are tied together. You need to get your mind out of the gutter.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

VJ & Fish, while I absolutely detest the holding of bass for any purpose other than to eat, my point was the first thing posters jumped on here was that it must have been someone in a tournament who was cheating. When I first saw the pics, a number of other ideas popped into my had as to reasonings for these two occurances before I read thruogh all the posts. The most obvious to me was as I mentioned with the barrels, it's common with water front home owners and with it's location close to a community of water front homes, looks like one broke loose and floated away. As for the two 5 pounders, it's very common for shore anglers, as well as small boaters who don't have livewells, to catch fish and string em up, tie em to a rock, tree or gunnel kleet with a stringer. Two 5 pound bass, could easily pull that stringer loose and swim away, only to die while still attached to the stringer and eventually float up. To me, this is not neccessarily "shady" or tournament related. Both Widows and White's by the way, are not the kind of places that a guy who might be setting up any plan to cheat would use. The numbers of anglers going in and out of these two areas, is certainly very high and not likely to be inconspicuos at all.

In this day and age of high dollar fishing competitions, and the fact that there have been a couple of instances across the country where guys have been caught and prosecuted for cheating in an event, we're sometimes quick to draw conclusions and relate these kinds of things to tournament fishing as a first thought. I'm just trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the tournament guys and say, hey, there are other logical reasons behind the instances of the pics that were posted.

Folks might not believe it, but this Forum is widely read and has a powerful impact on the bass fishing community with topics such as this. I've had 4 people pull up and discuss this with me on the water this past week. 2 Sandmound neighbors confronted me and said," What's this about they found a guy cheating by using barrels to hold fish for a tournment, what's going on with you bass fishermen Cooch?" That in itself, disturbs me more than the minute few guys who do cheat, that now the general public get's the impression that it's widespread and we're all cheating to win. I'm just sayin, that's not fair ta you & me.
Dom

Post by Dom »

My take on this is, if the people were trying to cheat they were obviously IDIOTS!!!!! You think 2 5 lbder's are gonna get you a check on this river this time of year LMAO LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: IDIOTS!!!!!!!
Tight Lines Dom