tourney date conflicts...wonbass/flw

Hawg44Hustler

tourney date conflicts...wonbass/flw

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

Is anyone else a little bummed out on the way the two largest event organizations have scheduled their tournaments this year? I know dfg permits, summer month time limits and a host of other factors come in to play when tournament organizations set dates for the year, however seems like things got bunched up this year.

My plan this year was to fish what I would call the west coast pro events. FlW Rayovac and the WONBASS events: Clear Lake and US Opens. Along the way fishing the AnglersMarine team events. Focusing on expanding my career and not fishing in my backyard so much.

This is where things get tricky. WonBass Clear lake Open 6/10-6/12, AnglersMarine year end event and boat raffle 6/13 @ DVL. How could anyone fish Clear Lake 6/12 and be at DVL 6/13 clean and dry. I'm sure there are plenty of AnglersMarine owners that would like to fish both events and it seems impossible.

WonBass US Open 9/14-9/16...FLW Rayovac @ Clear Lake 9/24. The 2 most important tournaments on the west coast scheduled 8 days apart from each other??? I say most important because the FLW event will crown angler of the year and decide who makes the top 30 cut and qualifies for the championship. The US Open, well, its the US OPEN. Hands down the most important and influental tournament a western angler can fish. No matter how much sponsor support you have or how big your bank roll is fishing 2 events in a month is tough (its not the ELITES)

I will fish what I can but I'm just wondering if anyone else is conflicted with this schedule???
Rich hamilton

Re: tourney date conflicts...wonbass/flw

Post by Rich hamilton »

I have got to the point that I am thankful we have something to even fish if we choose to do so. you make a good point but things are a little 'lean" out on the west coast :(
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Yep I just looked at the same thing and for those of us (most) that have jobs I am already trying to figure out how to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
The Wanabepro
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Im more worried about all those wet boats coming from Mead to Clearlake!!!!
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

clearlakeoutdoors wrote:Im more worried about all those wet boats coming from Mead to Clearlake!!!!

Great point Dave!
Hawg44Hustler

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

Didn't even think about the mussel issues for Clear Lake but you make a good point. Most guys are responsible and will make sure they are cleaned and dry but it just goes along with why I started this post to begin with. Why are these big major events scheduled on top of each other?????
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Last time I fished Havasu the guys at the State line made sure our plug was out. But there was no touchy, feely rub down of the hull, or compartment check, like we have here at Castaic and Pyramid.
I hope B.A.S.S. has some kind of inspection protocol setup, but it won't help dirty boats prefishing.
Looks like keeping our fingers crossed is all we can do.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jakespoon

Post by jakespoon »

hmmmm. hope this doesn't effect numbers too much for wonbass. it was nice to see the comeback in the US Open.