Tournament Anglers MUST HAVE THIS for CA TOURNAMENTS

WB Staff

Tournament Anglers MUST HAVE THIS for CA TOURNAMENTS

Post by WB Staff »

AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES SELF-INSPECTION CERTIFICATION FOR GAME FISH CONTESTS

Revised as June 2023

Use this self-inspection certification when launching on waterbodies that do not have an inspection program, or if the station is closed. Complete this form prior to launching in the contest water and keep it on the vessel throughout the duration of the contest.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx ... 375&inline
Fast Eddie

Re: Tournament Anglers MUST HAVE THIS for CA TOURNAMENTS

Post by Fast Eddie »

Maybe its me, but question #5 kinda blows my mind, or is it a trick question to determine if you've lied? Does anybody know of any ramp, lake or Marina where 140 degree water is available? BTW skin exposure to 140 degree water for just 6 seconds will cause burns. Does the dealer "decontaminate" all used boats before putting them up for sale?
I don't know about you, but I don't have a hot water exterior faucet at my house. But if they're talking about a car wash, how are you supposed to check the temperature.
Ah regulators........gotta luv em.
TL
FE
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Lake Arrowhead in So cal uses high temp water flush. It's a private lake accessible only to locals with lake rights. My grandson just bought a boat and I watched them flush it. Gets tagged when he pulls it out and as long as the tag is not disturbed he can launch without being flushed again.
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

They have one at camanche also. Forgot to drain my livewell. Doh!! Had to pay $20-$30 bucks and drive to south shore where it was located. Beat having to drive home with my pride hurt.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Fast Eddie wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:52 am Maybe its me, but question #5 kinda blows my mind, or is it a trick question to determine if you've lied? Does anybody know of any ramp, lake or Marina where 140 degree water is available? BTW skin exposure to 140 degree water for just 6 seconds will cause burns. Does the dealer "decontaminate" all used boats before putting them up for sale?
I don't know about you, but I don't have a hot water exterior faucet at my house. But if they're talking about a car wash, how are you supposed to check the temperature.
Ah regulators........gotta luv em.
TL
FE
I think the intent is if you answer no to #2, #3 or #4 your boat may have been exposed.
Performing the #5 140 degree cleaning after the last time boat has been in the water will negate the "no answers"