Moto-Stop Transom Saver - How do you guys like it ?

BlackGmc

Moto-Stop Transom Saver - How do you guys like it ?

Post by BlackGmc »

I am looking at getting a Moto-Stop Transom Saver for my 150HP Optimax Pro XS, just wanted to see how do you guys like the Moto-Stop?

Pro's & Con's ???

Thanks
coachkevm

Re: Moto-Stop Transom Saver - How do you guys like it ?

Post by coachkevm »

You should look into the Lock-N-Haul.....IMO a much better product (yes I am a rep) and if you look at the website you will see why it is better than the Moto-stop. Check it out before buying is all I ask. If you have any questions then let me know. I will even let you try mine out if you are near Santa Clarita.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
916BassMan

Post by 916BassMan »

I've had my Moto-Stop for two years now and love it. No issues. It's on a 200 Yamaha. Once it is in place, it can not fall off. After watching the Lock-n-Haul video, I'd be a little worried about it falling out if I didn't get it locked in there just right. That being said, either one will do a much better job than the old trailer mounted transom saver. Enjoy which ever one you end up getting.
fishn4bass

Post by fishn4bass »

Go with the Moto-Stop, I have used mine on my Pro Xs for over two years now with no issues or any sign of wear. Slide it on and forget about it!
dwise

Post by dwise »

All I can say is that I LOVE MY LOCK N HAUL! My motor didn't move AT ALL coming from home from Lake Piru all the way on that bumpy, pothole ridden, 5 Freeway. The Lock N Haul has a clip on tether that will keep you from losing your Lock N Haul on the road, although I don't see how that could happen as it is rock solid!
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
Corey Fenske

Post by Corey Fenske »

Solid Aluminum VS. two skinny aluminum rods......... is there any other reason? Anyone that has a pulse can see that the solid aluminum is going to be a 1000 X's stronger, and last you for ever. No need to attach it to you outboard " in case it falls off". The one time you forget to clip it, it will be in someones windshield and in a lawsuit over it. No thanks !!!!! MOTO STOP hands down!!!!!!
Rob

Post by Rob »

One thing you have to remember is you gotta use steering clips with the moto stop which can be a pain. Don't need them with lock n haul. I have them both for my Yama and I've been using the lock n haul exclusively for a few yrs now. Just my pref
DG

Post by DG »

Moto Stop is the only one for me!!!!! Using both the Moto Stop and the Steering Clips makes the motor seem like it's welded in place!!! No movement at all and peace of mind that there's nothing that can come loose or come off. I have had mine since Mike first brought them out and it's not only a great product but made locally by a great company run by a straight up guy. You can't go wrong with the Moto Stop.
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
kb

Post by kb »

I have been using the same Moto Stop for the past 5 years on my boats and it looks just like the day I got it. with the motor clips the motor doesn't move and I have towed hundreds of miles with the Moto Stop. You can not go wrong and nothing out there is a durable and sturdy as this machined motor support. Don't hesitate in buying one......

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
BlackGmc

Post by BlackGmc »

coachkevm wrote:You should look into the Lock-N-Haul.....IMO a much better product (yes I am a rep) and if you look at the website you will see why it is better than the Moto-stop. Check it out before buying is all I ask. If you have any questions then let me know. I will even let you try mine out if you are near Santa Clarita.
I can't see how this lock-n-haul looks better then the moto-stop I checked the website. Can you tell me what makes it better then Motor-Stop ???
Corey Fenske

Post by Corey Fenske »

I hear Crickets............. Just buy the Moto-Stop. You cant go wrong!!!!!
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

No crickets...just got a chance after a long day at work and coaching....here is some great info directly from the Lock-N-Haul website
This new patented advanced outboard boat motor travel stow will revolutionize the way you haul your boat."

Thanks for your interest in the new Lock-n-Haul® outboard motor and steering system transport stabilization system.

This unique patented 4-point inline load outboard boat motor travel stow device has been designed to give years of trouble free and dependable service. You can have confidence that the mounting, bushings and lower unit of your outboard are no longer taking a beating when you travel over the rough roads that you encounter literally everywhere you go.

This is not your grandpa’s traditional “transom saver” which was designed to actually support the weight of your freely pivoting outboard while traveling. Today’s outboards are always loaded onto the power “tilt and trim” piston, and the transoms in modern boats are built to handle the weight and the torque from powerful 300hp engines and rough water.

The old outdated "transom saver" might actually do more harm than good. The motor is now held firmly by the power tilt system and can't move away from the shock of the road transfer through the old style device. The lower unit is taking repeated jolts as you trailer over rough roads with bumps and holes, not to mention what happens when the boat and trailer move independently such as when you brake hard and the boat slides forward on the trailer. How about when that old school "transom saver" breaks at the trailer and digs into the pavement at highway speed?

Kinetic energy is introduced into your system with the movement (shaking) of the outboard motor bolted to your transom. This energy can only be dissipated through friction, and friction can only develop between moving objects (motor rigging).

Unless your outboard motor is stabilized completely so that NO movement occurs, the kinetic energy will dissipate where the motor moves (the motors tilt and steering pivots), causing stress and wear on the entire system, including the transom.

The Lock-n-Haul® is the first and only universal fit, advanced true transom saver device.

The unique patented 4-point inline load outboard boat motor travel stow device positively locks out ALL of the movement of the motor by stabilizing both the steering and tilt pivots and secures the motor in travel position, while completely isolating the lower unit from the trailer and eliminating the shock that is transferred from the road, to the trailer, to the lower unit.

This device is 100% machined from 1/8" wall 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum tubing, steel, Delrin and nylon and is anodized, tough, small, weighs less than a pound and easy to carry in the boat. The device carries a two year warranty against manufacturers defects.

There are NO MOVING PARTS on the Lock-N-Haul and because it has the 4 point inline load design it is sturdy and will not break like the others that have shear points....Check this out and it will show you what I am referring to.
http://www.lock-n-haul.com/images/400_c ... 00x556.jpg

I know many guys that are using the Lock-N-Haul and they have never had any slipping or problems with the product. It ultimately comes down to what you want....but do the research and you will see that without any moving parts that this is going to be solid and you won't be disappointed.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Zachary

Post by Zachary »

Have one and love it
DG

Post by DG »

Note the post (two up from this one) Check his list of sponsors below Kevin's name DUH! :lol:
Moto Stop is the only way to go! And I'm not sponsored up.
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Yeah and I am a rep but if you read all the info I provided you will also see that I am not pushing the product but giving info and did say it comes down to preference. I will never bad mouth a company or product and YES I will promote a product that I believe in. Once again all I said is do the research and then buy what you think will be best for you!! Once again everyone that I know that has the Lock-N-Haul loves it and has nothing but great things to say. I always offer anyone the opportunity to try the product.....I am in the Santa Clarita Valley and can meet anyone that wants to see the product and test it...just let me know which lake (Castaic, Pyramid or Piru) to meet you at and I will bring the product for you to test. Once again it's a preference thing and I just think it's important to do the research.
Kevin

davet.

Post by davet. »

One more vote for the Moto-Stop. Local made, top quality components throughout, rock solid durability. Individually inspected by people who care to offer the best product on the market.....period.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
Smoothguy93

Post by Smoothguy93 »

Moto stop CANT come off. Lock n haul could…. That’s all I need to here. They both do the exact same thing. Use steer stops and your good. One won’t come off. And the other could.
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

Motostop is the best in my opinion. It is bullet proof. Nothing to break and can not come off if installed properly. Super easy to use...a no brainer.
Popper

Post by Popper »

I paid a little more and went with the DD26 on a Yamaha 250hp SHO.
Works fantastic and powder coated color scheme matches the rig down to the steering locks.
-Great product :)
https://dd26fishing.com/collections/tra ... 26-fishing