I love the Delta and Frogs

rickyshabazz

I love the Delta and Frogs

Post by rickyshabazz »

Been on the CA Delta the last two days throwing frogs and running around in my Ranger Z520c. All I can say is the frog bite is going and I love this place. Any time two southern cal guys can come and have a couple of blow-ups on the frog makes for a great adventure. Popped in my Navionics chip in my Lowrance HDS 12 and had instance access to the tides and ditches. The technology is amazing.

Frog tournament starts tomorrow and it will be a lot of fun. We haven't caught any monsters but the fish are responding to the frog which makes for a great time on the water.

Last edited by rickyshabazz on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wanabepro
Otay Michael

Re: I love the Delta and Frogs

Post by Otay Michael »

I got into some good ones last week, but when the wind died on one day so did the bite. One evening had four hits and three landed in about 10 casts, averaging 3-4 lbs, and one monster stole my Spro popper on hookset (50# braid- downsized from 80 lately- and maybe need my 65 brought back out).

Have fun, stay safe. Wish I could be there.

(Oh, lost my brand new iPhone 5s too, over by Tower Park, in about 6' of water in the weeds- luckily I had bought the waterproof casing, so now I can call it and get fish reports :lol: :roll: :oops: )
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Recap of the frog tournament. I had a great 4 days that I spent on the delta. I was able to put 7 hours on the motor of the Navionics Z520c. My team partner and I had some amazing frog bites. As far as fishing goes, the Navionics chip put us on the fish and we got a lot of frog bites, just didn't land many but I sure had fun trying. We went 4 for 15 on Saturday and 3 for 20 on Sunday. We had some big bites on the white buzz frog and Ish Fhat frogs but weren't able to land many. We used the Daiwa Tatula Frog rods and Tatula 7:1 reels.

The Navionics Sonar Chart and Web app are amazing at finding ditches and spots that are off the beaten path. It really helps to take the guess work out of what is under the water. It also makes it easier to track the tides in different locations throughout the Delta. We made it back to Southern Cal Safe and Sound. http://www.teamblingfishing.com

The Wanabepro
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

rickyshabazz wrote:Recap of the frog tournament. I had a great 4 days that I spent on the delta. I was able to put 7 hours on the motor of the Navionics Z520c. My team partner and I had some amazing frog bites. As far as fishing goes, the Navionics chip put us on the fish and we got a lot of frog bites, just didn't land many but I sure had fun trying. We went 4 for 15 on Saturday and 3 for 20 on Sunday. We had some big bites on the white buzz frog and Ish Fhat frogs but weren't able to land many. We used the Daiwa Tatula Frog rods and Tatula 7:1 reels.

The Navionics Sonar Chart and Web app are amazing at finding ditches and spots that are off the beaten path. It really helps to take the guess work out of what is under the water. It also makes it easier to track the tides in different locations throughout the Delta. We made it back to Southern Cal Safe and Sound. http://www.teamblingfishing.com

Ricky,
Did you guys use a different frog to throw back on missed blowups, where you would usually throw a senko?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY