1198c SI problems?

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

ketchenbass321

1198c SI problems?

Post by ketchenbass321 »

I have a 998c si up on the bow that has worked flawlessly thus far. It's the HD model.

My 1198c si, however, has given me problems since the beginning. The transducer hardly produces anything on the down and side imaging. The sonar picture isn't that detailed.

1. Could it be a bad transducer?

2. Also, my low voltage alarm always comes on when I turn on the 1198. I have swapped batteries and my alternator is running fine. Maybe the wiring?

3. Do I need LakeMaster software in order to get Depth Highlight and Depth Highlight Range? I don't see it when I scroll down on my CHART menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
ketchenbass321

Re: 1198c SI problems?

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Anyone??????
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

1198c si & 998c si for sale in the electronics classifieds here. Selling as a combo.

Tried for days on end calling Humminbird. 20-30 mins waiting and never hearing from a single rep. Sorry, switching back to Lowrance.
Doug Vahrenberg

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Sounds like PowerSupply is not installed per instructions direct to the battery (do not use existing boat wiring). I would run 14 gauge wire, solder all connections, and blade style fuse at the battery.

You have to have Lakemaster Mapping for the Depth and Range Highlights.

Did you call the Humminbird Select Number since your units quality for www.humminbirdselect.com service

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson